Wednesday, May 31, 2006

we're having a baby

We're pregnant! Chris and I went to a couples spiritual retreat in February and the day we got back....we had a positive pregnancy test! Truly a gift from God! Our first doctor's visit was in March, where we had three sonogram pictures! The baby was about 6cm crown-to-rump. When we went back in April, we actually saw the baby roll over while we were watching. Amazing! The sonogram below is from that visit. The baby is resting as if you were looking down on him or her. You can see his/her head on the right, then you may be able to make out his/her two arms and two legs. The next picture is my belly at two months. Our third visit was today. We were able to hear the heartbeat the first time around....a solid 158bpm.

We are having such an incredible time....exciting, nervous, fun, scared....all that, rolled into one! The due date is November 25...and we've decided that we are not going to find out the sex. Names are in the making. If it's a boy, we're set on Warren Redick. Warren is my grandfather (and uncle and cousin's) middle name and Redick is Chris' grandfather's last name, as well as Chris' middle name. If it's a girl...we're not quite set on that one yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, let me be the first to make a comment! The little sonogram is so cute! I love that you set up this website... what a great idea! See ya soon! -Lisa

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I love it. What a difference 30 years makes in pregnancies! Yikes! Have the time of your life, I know I'm planning on it come November 25th! Parenthood will be the hardest job you've EVER loved!