Monday, May 09, 2011

Give 'em All One

I have always disagreed (very strongly) with giving awards to every child during awards programs.  I feel like it lessens the meaning of the recognition.  However, last Tuesday night, I couldn't have been more excited to see my son receive a soccer trophy for doing nothing more than spinning around and making grass angels.  Not only was Warren anxious to receive his first trophy ever, Mommy and Daddy were thrilled that it was over!  I've learned to never say never anymore, as being a parent changes the way you see everything.  So, this year at our school's end of the year awards assembly, I say "Just give 'em all one!"
And this makes it all worth it!




We're still not sure where the rest of the yellow team is? 

Warren:  See, it happened like this...

Girl:  Did you hear about the blue team?


Girl:  Are you kidding? 

No comments: