While most of my blog entries normally contain some sort of substance or update on the family (aka, the boys), today's is really nothing more than pure joy. Last week, I was home with the boys while Chris was at band. Normally, on the nights Chris is gone, I read to Harper first, then tell him goodnight. Then, I go in and do the same with Warren. On this particular night, I decided to switch it up a little. I reversed the order. So, picture this:
Warren is in bed, asleep. I have just finished reading with Harper, tucked him in and told him goodnight. I walked out of his room and made it to the end of the hallway, when he opens his door behind me (bare in mind, Chris nor I knew he had figured out how to get out of his bed). He peeks around the corner. I turn around and we have a 1 minute stare down, until he caves and runs down the hall, arms outstretched, with a huge grin on his face. I picked him up, held him for a minute and put him back in his bed. The next time, I made it to the utility room, when I heard his door open again. I walked to the kitchen to just see what would happen. Little did I know I'd have a ghost appear! Harper walked down the hall.....and smacked into the wall with a blanket over his head. After smacking the wall, he turned around and just stood crying. The funniest part (not that watching him smack into a wall is funny).....he stayed in character! Not once did he take off his blanket. As he stood there crying, after having walked into the wall, he stayed covered up in a blanket of blue fleece with white lambs.
Fast forward a couple of nights....the boys are sound asleep. It's 11:00 as I head back to bed. I get to our bedroom, just as Harper's doorknob turns. His door opens and he stands holding his "baby" (a soft, raccoon snuggie blanket). As he stands at his door, he looks up and (if you know Harper) in typical Harper fashion, rubs his eyes and says "Hi Mommy!"
Goodnight!
2 comments:
I can just see Harper say, "Hi Mommy" with that grin on his face. He will surely end up a Politician or Preacher ... he is most indeed a people person!
Don't ya' just love em'! Everything they do and say is just fascinating to me...I can't get enough of my little man. They simply grow up to fast. On a good note for you and Chris...at least he's not sleeping in your bed :)
Post a Comment