Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh Boy...(and I Do Mean BOY)

I know parent-hood is full of firsts, but I just didn't expect some "firsts" to come quite so early.  And being the (rather naive) mother of two boys puts a whole new spin on things.  Take this morning, for example.  As Chris gets out of the shower, Harper struts in, points and says "Daddy, your penith?"  Chris casually answers him, "Yes, Harper.  That's Daddy's penis."  Harper promptly turns around and lifts up my nightgown, "Mommy, your penith?"  Well, "Um, no, Harper.  Mommy doesn't have a penis."  Enough with the penis talk already.

Or, so I thought.  I thought I was in the clear, until I pulled up to the boys' school.  You might be thinking to yourself...."What could possibly go wrong at a Christian pre-school?"  Oh, if only!  As he's taking off his seatbelt, I hear from my four-year old, "Mommy, why does my penis keep coming up?"  You can just imagine the look on my face, as I looked in my rear-view mirror (scared to death of what I might see) and said "What do you mean, Buddy?"  Feeling the need to illustrate his point (since I am a visual learner), he further explains "Well, it's like this..."  This, followed by short, quick breaths in and out, as his finger points and bends, points and bends, points and bends.  Now that both boys are sound asleep, I think we can safely call it quits on the penis talk for today.  Bring on tomorrow!

No comments: