Since we haven't had much excitement going on, I thought I would share with you the brilliance that is my husband!
The boys had a long day today. After being at church for almost 4 hours, Chris and I shipped each of them off to a grandmother's house while we went to band rehearsal. And after lots of grandmother time, they were exhausted when we came home. (And, if you're a parent, you know that when I say "exhausted"...I am really being nice. What I really mean is "there was a lot of screaming and crying.") We decided to put them straight in the bathtub, and I would make my exit and head to Publix. (Is it a sign of old age when you start looking forward to solo trips to the grocery store?) So, as I kissed the boys good bye and told them goodnight, they were "exhausted." (And yes, I mean screaming and crying.)
Now, Warren and I have developed a routine of reading one chapter of a Junie B. Jones book aloud every night. And we both love this time together! Meanwhile, while Warren and I are reading, Chris and Harper are reading one of two books (over and over and over)....Thomas the Train, Go Train Go! or a story from the Backyardigan's. Because I was at Publix, the reading tradition was not able to go quite like normal And, as you may know, anything out of the normal routine, does not sit well with "exhausted" children. So, my brilliant husband got creative. (And while that sounds sarcastic, I do not mean it to be in the least! I was totally impressed and touched when I got home.)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. In an effort to bribe the boys to go to sleep, here is what I came home to...what kid wouldn't want to go to sleep?

2 comments:
Who got to clean up the mess? Of course I'm sure the clean-up was well worth the quiet of the house. Love - Robert.
Ha! To be honest....I don't even remember who got to clean it up, because yes...it was SOOOOO worth the quiet!
Post a Comment