So, you might be wondering..."Why then, does the title of this post have a question mark?" Let me share. To cap off our wonderful day, Chris, the boys and I went to Beef O'Bradys (moms eat free today).
Harper: "Mommy, I see bitches!"
me: "Oh, yes, Harper. You see some benches."
Warren: "No, Mommy, Harper said he sees some bitches."
Boys - 1, Mommy - 0
Unfortunately, our language lesson did not end there. We made it home in time for Warren to get to the bathroom, got our baths and got in bed to read. Like normal, Harper wanted to read David and Goliath. In the particular Bible that we read from, there are very cute, brightly colored pictures of King Saul's soldiers holding swords, spears and shields. And, as we turn to the page with the soldiers, Harper boldly tells me "Mommy, those boys have dicks." No, Harper honey, those boys have sticks.
As I said before, I am continually reminded how truly blessed I am. Anyone who knows us, knows that bad language generally does not even cross our minds....let alone come out of our mouths. I am not sure what I would've said had Harper informed me that "those boys have dicks" and as I correct him that "those boys have sticks" Warren adds "Well, actually, Mommy...." (See previous post) I am blessed!
Boys - 2, Mommy - 0

No comments:
Post a Comment