Before we registered, of course I did my research, spoke with lots of parents and decided we would start with Lakeland City Baseball. I checked the website and found the date registration opened and marked it on my calendar. When it was finally time to register, I jumped online and signed the boys up. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the President of the league congratulating me on being the first person to register this season. (Those who know me are probably not at all surprised.)
Those who know me, also know that I live in a pretty happy little bubble. When we decided to register both boys, it never crossed my mind that maybe, just maybe they would have differing game and practice schedules. And so begins spending my days at the ball park.
We started the morning off with Harper's first practice at 9am. Oh boy! Let me preface this by saying that when we play at home, we literally have to drag him outside to play with us. He would much prefer sitting and playing with Legos. But, the good news is that he seemed to enjoy it today. One of his buddies is playing on his team, so he was looking forward to that. He hasn't realized that his good buddy is a really good little player. So, while Harper tries to figure out the game, Hunter just blows on by (see the video below).
He has also very quickly caught on to the phenomenon of sliding! I don't know anything about baseball, but I just always assumed the players slid to narrowly escape getting out. After this weekend, I have realized that the players (mine, at least) slide just because they can. Because it is a lot more fun than running over a base. Because you can slide on your knees and really mess up your pants, or you can slide on your bottom and mess up the backside, but it is especially cool if you slide on one knee and side leg. It seems you can cover more area with clay that way.
But, despite scrubbing and washing the white pants three times in two days times two boys, we are excited to finally join the ranks of our other baseball playing friends. We haven't hung up the gymnastics suit just yet, but we have high hopes of at least getting our cute t-ball and baseball pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment