Friday, September 26, 2014

The Plan

Life throws us all kinds of curveballs. But, if there's one thing I've learned in this game, it's that God has a plan. Always. He never takes a time-out; he never calls the game early. He has a plan. 

Chris recently had surgery, which required us to be at the hospital a bit longer than we had planned. So, my mom kept the boys for the night, so I could stay with Chris. If you read my last post, you learned that the personalities of my two boys are as different as their appearances. While Harper has not showed a bit of emotion towards Chris' surgery, Warren has had a very difficult time with it. He was in tears the night before and was very nervous the day of. Warren made sure he prayed for Chris the night before; Harper didn't even say his prayers.

So, as my mom tucked the boys into their bed, my heart was warmed to hear of their conversation:

Mom: "Boys, let's say our prayers."

Harper: "Wawwen can."
Warren: "I will." 

-prayer-

Harper gives mom a night kiss and turns over to go to sleep. Meanwhile, Warren begins to sniffle. 

Mom: "Warren, buddy, what's wrong?"
Warren: "I don't want Daddy to be hurt."
Harper: rolls back over "Wawwen, you know God has a plan." 


While I would love to take credit for this, I have to give the credit to the boys' amazing Pre-K teacher, Ms. Debbie Warren. We could not have asked for a better teacher for them, and consider ourselves beyond blessed to have had her teach both the boys. Of course I told her the story, as did my mom the next day. With tears in her eyes, she told me that their class theme is "God has a plan." And that every day they sing their class song, "God has a plan." 


The funny part about this story is that Harper was not supposed to be in Ms. Debbie's class. I put up a fuss and begged and pleaded that he have her. You see, God has a plan. Ms. Debbie was just the teacher that Harper needed during this season. She has helped instill in him that God does have a plan. We don't need to worry about Chris' surgery....He's already got it taken care of....and everyone scores!

No comments: