Friday, September 16, 2016

TGIF ... or not?

You know when you get a phone call and your heart just skips a beat?  That's what mine did today when I saw Harper's teacher calling me at 2:12pm.  But, what a great surprise....followed by sheer confusion....when I heard Harper's sweet voice say "Hi mommy!"  When I said "Hi" back.....crickets???  Until his rockstar teacher got on the phone and very hurriedly said "Hey Kim, it's Mrs. Portwood.  We just wanted to call and tell you that Harper is the first boy in our class to make his AR goal this nine weeks.  And, his class wants to tell you something also."  What a community she's built in that classroom....to hear everyone yell "YAY!"....cheering for my Harper!

So, when Harper got off the bus, he was met with great congratulations and high fives!  Chris stopped by the school to pick up Warren and head to the LHS game, while Harper and I loaded up to go home.  We got in the car and I said "Whew!  TGIF!  Let the weekend begin!"  And Harper just responded "Ehhhh, I kinda don't think so.  I love school!"    

No comments: