Friday, May 11, 2018

Be Like Daddy

Like most families, when our boys go to bed, they go to bed early not for themselves....but for us!  We need the time to chill out and relax....or we need that time to work on one of the million projects we find ourselves in....or we need that time to just get the house back in order.  Whatever the reason....we need that time.  That is....until our boys need that time. 

Last night, when I put Harper to bed, he asked (as he does most nights) if I would lay with him.  And, like I do most nights, I replied "I will for just a few minutes."  From there, our conversation went something like this:

Harp:  "You really need to be more like Dad when it comes to this."
Me:  "I do?  Why?  What do you mean?"
Harp:  "Because Daddy usually just lays with me and falls asleep."  
Me (trying not to get angry.....because it's during those "fall asleep times" that I'm working in the house, wondering why he hasn't come out to help):  "Oh, ya, does he?  But why do I need to?"
Harp:  "Because I like you to lay with me."
Me:  "But why?"
Harp:  "Because I just like to be with my family."

And with that, he turned over and snuggled in to me.  Guess where I fell asleep?  

No comments: