Saturday, February 19, 2022

Full Circle Moments

When I was younger....and today, even still....most of my closest friends were always boys.  Growing up, it was Matt and Andy.  We were like the 3 amigos!  In college, it was 2 different Craigs and Stan.  I never dated any of them; they all were like older brothers to me.  They knew me better than anyone.  They spent the night at my house.  They looked out for me.  Always.  My family loved them like their own.  Even when I started dating (which, mind you, wasn't much), my boyfriends never questioned my friendships.  I guess, subconsciously for me, it probably would've been a deal breaker, if they had. 

Earlier this week, Warren asked if he and his two best buddies (Isa and Luami) could go to dinner and a movie.  Working through the plans, we decided Chris and I would take them to Crispers for dinner before the movie...then would sit far behind them in the theater.  As it worked out, Luami was late and didn't make it til the very end of dinner.  As Chris and I looked across Crispers at Warren and Isa, we talked about how proud we were that, while most of the restaurant might've assumed they were on a date....I can almost 100% guarantee you neither of them thought of it that way.  They talked; they laughed.  They were not on their phones (except to check on Luami).  

And then when Luami joined them, and they walked over to the movie...I was reminded of my own childhood.  It was a full circle moment for me as Isa took my place...with her own Craig and Stan, in Warren and Luami (except I think Isa is more like the big sister to those two boys).  I know how much Matt, Andy, Craig (both of em) and Stan meant to me.....how much they still mean to me.  They accepted me always....they walked by my side.....they picked me up when I fell down....they listened to me....they loved me completely.  Never any strings attached. 

I'm so proud to pass the torch on to the new 3 amigos.  I love their sweet friendship, am honored to walk this road with them and can't wait to continue to see how their story unfolds.       

  

No comments: