Saturday, December 25, 2010

Heartwarming Christmas

We are certainly not ones to complain, but Christmases with split families is busy....not rough....busy!  Chris' family always "has their Christmas" on Christmas Eve.  So, after a long night of eating, unwrapping presents and celebrating the season....we hurried home, tucked the boys in bed, and scurried around finishing up last minute elf work...only to wake up bright and early this morning and do it all over again.  We unwrapped our presents, tried to clean up, then headed over to my family's Christmas....where we ate and celebrated some more....only to hurry over to Chris' dad's house to unwrap and celebrate some more....only to hurry back to our house and finish unwrapping and celebrating and eating. 

Then, as I tucked Warren in bed tonight, we finished reading a story and as I walked out, I heard "Mommy, I love my presents."  It caught me so off guard, I went back in and said "What, buddy?"  He repeated, "I really love my presents."  Then, as if that wasn't enough, as I closed the door, he said (through his sleep) "Merry Christmas, Mommy."  Melted my heart!  How quickly I forgot about the business of the day! 

No comments: