Thursday, October 27, 2011

Harper Time

It's been a long time since Harper has made much of an appearance on our blog.  So, since he and I are home sick today, I thought it might make for some good reading.

After spending the day at home myself yesterday, I woke up still not feeling stellar.  Harper also woke up on the yucky side.  He sounded gross and, more noticeably, he did not even touch his breakfast.  Now, this is very out of the ordinary for him.  Anyone who knows him, knows he very much enjoys his food.  And, any one of his teachers will tell you that he normally eats two breakfasts a day (one at home and a second one at school).  So, to not even touch one breakfast....something is wrong!  After making the decision to stay home again, Harper sat in my lap and just rocked for almost 3 hours.  I took him to the doctor to find out he did, indeed, possibly, have an ear infection.  Of course, we get home...and the videos below detail what follows. 

It all started with naptime.  After cuddling in his bed and reading Goodnight, Moon (he loves to pretend the fireplace is burning his fingers), he kept asking for his Bible.


After reading his Bible, I thought for sure, he was settled in, ready for a nap.  Until....
 

Finally, after realizing he had pulled one on me to stay home....and now pulled another to get out of a nap (all while I'm feeling legitimately sick)...I caved and let him play some guitar.




No comments: