Saturday, December 10, 2011

So Much to Tell...So Little Time

In the spirit of Christmas, I wanted to share a heartwarming story from preschool.  This was the conversation on the way home from school. 

Warren:  "Mommy, you know what happened today?"
Me:  "What buddy?"
Warren:  "Well, my friend Kendall said this, 'Warren, you're a meanie.  And that wasn't very nice."
Me:  "No, it wasn't, buddy.  What did you do?"
Warren:  "Nothing.  I didn't even do anything, and she just said that."
Me:  "Well, after she said that, what did you do?"
Warren:  "Well, I just hugged her, that was all."

If there's one thing Warren has learned, it's to turn the other cheek.  He truly has a heart of forgiveness.  While we are blessed to have such a warmhearted little boy...I hope it doesn't translate to "You're a weanie" when he gets bigger.  There's a fine line, ya know?  Especially when you're destined to be a band nerd!

Harper, on the other hand, is large and in charge!  He doesn't let people push him around or walk over him.  In fact, he's usually doing the walking and pushing.  I can just picture them in middle school and high school.  Harper will be the one standing up for Warren.

Like everyone else, we are excited about the Christmas season.  We are especially excited to see Pj and Amy!  A couple of nights ago, Harper felt the urge to send a video greeting to my brother and sis-in-law.

Meanwhile, we spend a lot of time at my grandmother's house on the weekends.  We usually eat at least one meal together, with my mom, grandmother and mother-in-law.  There's never a dull moment, as you can imagine with two boys.  The boys have a boogie board that they love to "ski" on, while Chris pulls them through the house.  Often times, Harper rolls off and ends up just running after Warren (while Warren and Chris lap him, many, many times).

To be fair, Harper wanted a turn on the "sled."  However, we found that he couldn't sit cross-legged on the board, because his little legs wouldn't stay crossed with his big belly.  So, "difficult times call for drastic measures."  (Chris, who is by no means an avid water skier, was never able to get up on a knee board.  So, he created and, I must say, perfected, ab-boarding.)  And, just like his father, Harper created a new version of boogie boarding.  I give you, "back boarding."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I love the videos, and Warren is such a sweet, loving little guy. Harper was precious saying Christmas!
-Jessica G. :)