Wednesday, June 12, 2013

When I grow up...

Although this post may not be exciting to many, I thought it was pretty neat and wanted to be sure and document it.  This afternoon at lunch, I randomly asked the boys what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Harper said "I want to be a doctor, like Dr. Cornett."  And Warren replied, "I want to be a coach, like Coach Corn.  I think I'd be a good coach."  Harper retracted his statement and said "No, mommy, actually, I want to be....well, ya, I want to be a doctor, like Dr. Cornett."

Oddly enough, as I was moving some pictures from my phone to my computer tonight, I came across these two pictures.
 This was taken back in the fall.  Warren tucked his shirt into his sweat pants and started jogging, and said "Look, mom, I'm Coach Corn."  














And this was taken awhile ago, though I'm not sure exactly when.  As Harper was playing dress up, he put on the stethoscope and told Chris that he was Dr. Cornett.

Coincidence?  Maybe.  But, though I'm not rushing it, I sure can't wait to see what they become when they grow up.

When the boys were born, I wanted to write a letter to include in their baby books.  Something they could read when they grew up that would let them know how I felt about them.  But, when I heard the song, "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts (which was released only 3 months before Warren was born), I felt like they stole my exact thoughts and wrote them out much more poetically than I could have done.  So, while I don't know what the boys will be when they grow up...maybe Warren will grow up to be a coach, like Coach Corn?  Maybe Harper will grow up to help hurting people, like Dr. Cornett.....but whatever they become,  this is my wish....
 
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow 
And each road leads you where you want to go  
And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose 
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
 

And if one door opens to another door closed 
I hope you keep on walkin' ‘til you find the window 
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile 
But more than anything, more than anything
 

My wish for you  
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to  
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small  
You never need to carry more than you can hold
 

And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to 
I hope you know somebody loves you  
And wants the same things too  

Yeah, this is my wish
 

I hope you never look back but you never forget  
All the ones who love you and the place you left  
I hope you always forgive and you never regret 
And you help somebody every chance you get
 

Oh, you'd find God's grace in every mistake  
And always give more than you take  
But more than anything, yeah more than anything

My wish for you 
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to  
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small 
You never need to carry more than you can hold
 

And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to 
I hope you know somebody loves you 
And wants the same things too  
Yeah, this is my wish, yeah yeah

No comments: