We left my school and headed to lunch with my mom. I'm blessed to have such a great family!
And after lunch, we headed home for what we thought would be another day of housework. Instead, we decided to kick back and enjoy the day. Our recipe for a perfect day looked something like this:
- beautiful, picture perfect weather
- baseball bats and all kinds of balls strewn across the backyard
- Warren and 3 "big kids" out back, going back and forth between the trampoline and a baseball game
- Harper and 2 "little kids" next door, having a dance party
- glasses of water sitting everywhere
- one pan of brownies and one full batch of cookies....gone!
Fast forward several days....when it was a bit more difficult to realize how blessed we are. Chris and the boys were bouncing on the trampoline, when apparently something went wrong. Warren got very, very upset and came storming inside, crying and screaming, "I'm going to move!" I followed him to his bedroom and tried to calm him down, asking where he would move to. Through the screaming and tears he replied "I don't know, but maybe I'll become poor and stand on a sidewalk with a sign. Then maybe when Daddy and Harper come by, maybe they'll want me to come back home."
Update...Warren did not move and is not standing on a sidewalk holding a sign. We are blessed beyond belief!
No comments:
Post a Comment