Friday, July 18, 2014

Sweet Dreams

Sometimes the best conversations come at the most unexpected times.  Instead of calming, relaxing and soothing, bath and bed time...at our house, it is often utter chaos.  It's during this time that the boys get most wound up.  So, trying to calm them down and get them ready for bed is often a challenge.  Divide and conquer.  That was tonight's strategy.

I am generally a stickler about bedtime routines...heck, any routine for that matter.  But, as a teacher, reading at bedtime is a non-negotiable....until tonight.  Warren and I went into one room and read My Father's Dragon together, while Chris and Harper went into another room and read....or so I thought.  

Turns out Chris and Harper were having a deep conversation about dreams.  I would be lying if I didn't say that I got the slight bit jealous.  I want to have those conversations with my boys.  So, I didn't beat around the bush...I came right out and asked Chris what Harper's dreams were.  And I can honestly say I was not expecting the answer I got.  

"Naked birds.  And they are naked because they hit a fan and their feathers blow off, then they run around naked."  

Sweet dreams, dear child!

2 comments:

Alison Rose said...

That's just precious and made me smile! :)
Alison

Ana said...

Most hilarious! So fun! Enjoy!