Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday Mornings and Super Heroes


When I was little, I remember having the most vivid imagination.  My best friend, Beth, her sisters and I, would dress up and create amazing dance routines and musical plays.  (I can still remember some of the songs we made up.)  Who would have known that years later, I was playing dress up again.  This time, with my two creative little boys.

Chris has class Saturday mornings, which means the boys and I get to enjoy some lazy times together.  Today, we welcomed Spider Man and his partner in crime, Safari Man.  Saving the world from danger is a tough job, especially for one four year old Spider Man.  Any good super hero recruits the help of his super hero friends, like Safari Man.  Between spider webs and a net, danger doesn't stand a chance.  As they finished saving the world, Safari Man ended up with a battle scar and reverted back to a 22-month old by asking for the "Boo Boo Fish."  Shortly after, I heard Warren (AKA Spider Man...don't be fooled) telling him, "Harper, you don't eat the Boo Boo Fish.  You put it on your boo boo."  I guess even super heroes need some help from their big brothers every now and then.

No comments: