Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Come On Get Happy

Ok, after that "heavy" post, I thought it might be nice to lighten things up.  And, for one so "heavy," there is no one to "lighten" things up better than Harper.  I should preface this by telling you that both of these "funnies" happened in one day...so you can only imagine life with Harper. 

The other day I took the boys to Barnett Park, as a last hurrah to summer.  They love to play in the sand, and then go cool off in the fountains.  They especially love getting a special treat from the ice cream lady.  And, this day was no different.  Warren picked a Spiderman ice cream treat and, in the Olympic spirit, Harper chose to cheer "Go USA" with his red, white and blue popsicle. 

After the boys finished their ice cream, they ran to go wash off in the fountains....or so I thought.  I went to throw their wrappers away and came back to find Harper drinking from his shoe.  There are at least five different fountains surrounding him, yet he has to take off his shoe to drink???

After we dried off and changed our clothes, we headed to my grandmother's house for lunch.  While Memaw and I were fixing lunch, the boys went to my mom's side to play.  Things got very quiet...scary quiet.  All of a sudden, Harper comes back over and "all eyes were on me."  So, after all that....come on now, get happy!   

No comments: