Wednesday, August 08, 2012

What I've Learned

We have sure had a rough end to our summer, so I apologize now if this post seems like a therapy session.  Rather than paying someone, I thought I would wrap up our summer in a blog....provide you with some entertainment, while "escaping" myself.

Harper came home a couple of weeks ago with a yucky tummy.  He puked once before bed one night...and woke up the next morning good as gold.  So, when Warren started getting sick, we didn't think a thing of it.  Fast forward five days....Warren is still puking and still has not eaten.  Before you jump to conclusions, I was keeping in close contact with our pediatrician who assured me we need not worry.  After seven straight days, we determined Warren had the same bug Harper brought home.  When Warren puked the first time, it irritated his GI tract, which caused the subsequent vomiting.

I learned a lot of things during those seven days.  I watched his little body heave and vomit for seven days. I wiped his throw up and cleaned him up and learned that it never gets any easier to watch.  I watched him pass up meal after meal. I listened as family and friends told me we needed to do something about it; we needed to call the doctor again.  I listened as family and friends told me how worried they were.  I learned that, in the end, I needed to do what I needed to do. 

Believe me, I know that we were all worried. But, if I gave in to all the worry....I probably would've curled up into a ball and just cried the days away.  We could not ask for a better, more compassionate or caring pediatrician.  After all Dr. Cornett has seen us through with Warren, we really do trust him completely.  And, more importantly, we know that if God gave us another chance with Warren after his very first incident.....then He has big things in store for him. We know Warren is in His care.

All that to say, that from before Warren was here on Earth with us, God had a plan for him. And Lord knows God has been with Warren before....and He was certainly with him this last week.  I learned to trust in God's plan and not give in to my own worry!

No comments: