Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Surprise! Surprise!

What a fun finale to a rough end of the summer!  Chris decided to take the day off so we could surprise the boys with their first trip to Legoland!  I should have known we were in for a fun time when the boys woke up this morning.  Chris and I were still in bed.  I called the boys in and told them we had a surprise for them.  Of course they were dying to know where.  Warren said "Mommy, just give us a hint."  So, I said "Ok, well, Daddy is not going to work today, but we are all going somewhere."  With that, Harper raised both hands and said "Yes!  To McDonalds!"  Warren's eyes lit up and he said "Family Fun Center?"  (Of course, Chris and I looked at each other and thought, "Heck, why are we spending all this money?  Let's go get Happy Meals.") 

Thanks to Emily Corl, we were able to get in for free....which made the day that much sweeter.  Although we had a few meltdowns (and between the hunger and heat, we were surprised it was only a few), we had a super day!  We loved the rides, loved the water park, loved traveling through the USA in Mini-land (ok, so, maybe Harper didn't enjoy Mini-land as much as we did).

And, the surprise of the day...Warren, mostly sweet little, sensitive Warren....rode his first real roller coaster and loved it.  And, I do mean loved it!  So much that after he and Chris rode, he came and hunted me down so I could ride with him.  Then, he and Chris rode a second one before we left.  Of course, on our way home, we had to hit McDonalds....and make all Harper's dreams come true.  I'm just sorry I don't have a picture of how happy his little cheeseburger made him....to replace the Mini-land picture above.   

No comments: